Proceedure for Burials
PROCEDURE FOR BURIAL GROUND
1. FIRST POINT OF CONTACT PARISH CLERK / WHEN CLERK NOT AVAILABLE IE: LONG TERM ILLNES OR HOLIDAY / THE CLERK WILL GIVE NOTICE TO REGULAR UNDERTAKERS THAT THE CHAIR /VICE CHAIR OF THE BURIAL BOARD WILL BE AVAILABLE (BOOKS AND RECORDS TO BE HANDED OVER).
2. INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING BURIALS ARE TO BE TAKEN FROM UNDERTAKER ONLY BY CLERK.
3. CLERK WILL COMPLETE BURIAL FORM AND PLACE PEG ON PLOT WITH PLOT NUMBER AND NAME OF DECEASED CLEARLY MARKED/ TO INFORM CHAIR/VICE CHAIR RECEIVED INSTRUCTIONS.
4. FUNERAL DIRECTOR WILL CONTACT GRAVE DIGGER DIRECT / ONLY IN EXCEPTIONAL CASES WILL CLERK BE INVOLVED WITH THIS.
5. FOR RESERVED PLOTS INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE TAKEN AND DEED HOLDER WILL BE GIVEN DEED OF GRANT WITH PLOT NUMBER NO PEG WILL BE PLACED ON PLOT THE RECORD OF PLOT NUMBERS WILL BE KEPT BY CLERK.
6. IF FUNERAL DIRECTOR RINGS REGARDING QUOTE FOR PLOT (THEY DO PACKAGES) CLERK TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT THE FEES MAY GO UP AND THAT THIS IS ONLY AN ESTIMATE / CLERK TO PUT THIS IN WRITING TO FUNERAL DIRECTOR AND KEEP RECORD OF THIS.
7. AFTER PARISH CLERK TO CHECK THAT PLOT BEING LEFT IN SAFE CONDITION AND TO INFORM CHAIR / VICE CHAIR FUNERAL HAS TAKEN PLACE. IF BURIAL PLOT IN ORDER, THAT MAINTENANCE CONTRACTOR CAN BE CONTACTED TO ATTEND TO GRASSING.
IT IS VITAL THAT NO OTHER MEMBER OF BURIAL BOARD OR MEMBER OF PARISH COUNCIL TAKE INSTRUCTIONS OR ARE INVOLVED WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BURIALS IF ANYONE IS CONTACTED THEY ARE TO INFORM ENQUIRER TO RING CLERK.
Community Emergency Plan
- In the event of an emergency of any sort it is a well recognised fact that the first response is often unfortunately disorganised, however it is also recognised as the time when the most can be done to limit the effect on both people and their environment.
- Read More
Bilton Community Primary School
- Some information about Bilton Community Primary School. Some further information with details about the school, learning and education.
- Visit School Website
Bilton Parish Council Meetings
- All meetings of the Bilton Parish Council are open to the general public, and are currently convened in the Village Hall (old library room) on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
- Read More